Tuesday, May 22, 2007

IIT JEE Chemistry Suggested Books

The suggestions from blogs are very scarce.

From http://chem-iitjee-preparations.blogspot.com/2006/10/books.html

Organic


Morrison Boyd: Its fantastic. It makes your concepts so clear that you dont require to remember reactions at all. Just go through it thoroughly and understand it properly. Effect of protic and aprotic solvents on reactions, impact of structure on reaction rates and correspondence of reaction mechanism with structure and solvents are very beautifully described in the book. Morrison boyd is exactly what JEE syllabus is.
RK Gupta: Its a great book to practice. Collection of questions is good.

Physical Chemistry: For Physical Chemistry I studied only OP Agrawal and FIITJEE RSM (and ofcourse the board syllabus books). I choosed OP Agrawal only because I was not doing tutions and it had very large number of solved problems. I also solved some problems of ionic equilibrium from Rosenburg. But I dont say I loved that a lot. FIITJEE RSM is great for physical chemistry.

Inorganic: As I said CBSE syllabus is sufficient for all its part except for Salt analysis. I did salt analysis from RK Gupta and liked it. FIITJEE RSM is also good

T.Dubey,a IIT student on http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Successful_Preparation_for_IIT_JEE-41404-1.html recommends

Maths M.L.Khanna

Physics Resnick - Halliday, H.C.Verma

Chemistry O.P Agarwal, Morrison - Boyd, Finar, J.D Lee

No comments: